I'm not a player, I just PRIMP a lot.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has sprung: get your man to do the same.

Spring is all about fresh starts and horny teenagers on prom night. Love is in the air honey, and although the only thing my lips will be touching tonight is the bottle of chardonnay in my refrigerator, I  have higher hopes for you! In going with the theme of the season I thought to myself, "what would be better than to slough off my dead winter skin and give my make-up bag a little lift?" I ran into Sephora today to accomplish this because I currently do not have a face scrub. First off let me just say that the Sephora store at Colonie Center has the worst customer service. Some lady stopped in asking one of the sales associates for a Clarins lipstick, the associate was baffled by the question and was actually going to try and find the product. I had to intervene. Sephora doesn't even carry Clarins make-up line. Yes, I know they have Clarins skincare but like hello?! I don't work at Sephora and I knew enough to tell the woman to go to Macy's down the hall. This is a classic example of how some make-up saleswoman cannot be trusted (and how Sephora will give any kid an after school job). I just went off on a tangent but I needed to get that off my chest, it completely horrified me.

Anyway, I ended up finding (on my own) an unbelievable scrub from Ole Henriksen. Ole is one of my favorite skincare lines because the products smell amazing, are effective and also all natural. Think of it like a high-end Burt's Bees. I just used the scrub and it completely smoothed out my face and gave me a sweet glow. Okay so, I was super psyched with the product from Ole however, I have to say if you are looking for a comparable facial scrub for about half the price try Burt's Bee's Peach and Willow Bark Facial Scrub. The one major benefit of the Ole scrub is that it seems to have more emollients, but the Burt's is a great value and is just about on par.

Here is a picture of the scrub followed by what I look like right now after using it:


My eyebrow are red. I need to get them fixed, I know.




I would say it gave me an obvious glow and maybe even made my skin more even?? All in all it was totally worth the $24 and I can't wait to use it routinely during the summer months.

If you're lucky enough to be crawling under the sheets with someone tonight may I suggest a quick and inexpensive way to exfoliate on the fly: SEA SALT! Grab a couple of handfuls of coarse sea salt from the kitchen and become one with it in the shower. I know you can mix it with other things like olive oil etc. but really you can use it alone. I also find that my skin absorbs moisturizer better and it seems to hold it in longer.

Now go get some ;) Xo S




2 comments:

  1. Are there any exfoliators you would recommend for full body use? If so, should I be exfoliating before or after shaving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should point out above where I mentioned using sea salt I was talking about using it on the body. If you are using an oil based scrub rather than a soap based scrub, use it after shaving because the oil will clog up your razor and you won't get good results from shaving. If you are using a soap based scrub you can use it before. Also, I should mention a great alternative to scrubbing in the shower is to do a "dry scrub" combine olive oil and sea salt and rub it on your dry skin before you get in the shower. This will give your skin such an amazing feel.

    ReplyDelete