I'm not a player, I just PRIMP a lot.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Anchor down!

Often overlooked and underrated, are a woman's eye brows. Sure, maybe you stop in for a wax here and there but what most woman are really missing is that eye brows literally ANCHOR your face. After years of pouring over facebook pictures, and always left feeling like "Cute! Minus my left eyebrow that's running off the page.." or "Why do I look like Piper from Charmed?" I realized how well groomed and perfectly placed eye brows alter your whole look.

Different eyebrows styles from famous woman. Each brow has given way to a signature look.

Now the good news is it doesn't take much to achieve a nicely manicured brow. I use three simple steps in the morning and in turn my eyebrows which are uneven and sparse become balanced.
What you need:

A brow pencil: make sure is has a nice waxy texture to it to hold the hair in place.
A brow brush: typically the brow brushes have the lash comb on the other side and they are cheap, under $6 at the drug store
A brow gel: I have a cheap Ardell brow gel that I bought for $3 at Sally.

If you're going to spend the money anywhere spend it on the pencil. For women with lighter brows (think Blake Lively) Chanel makes a eyebrow liner called "Taupe" and it is the bomb. Lighter brows tend to be more tricky than darker so I would definitely test any product before you buy.
I am currently using Sephora's eyebrow pencil which runs for $12.
If you're a rich bitch and can spend $30-$40 on eyebrow pencil's go for Anastasia's line which is available at sephora and sephora.com she truly has the best products for brows that I have come across thus far.
Once you have filled in your spots and evened out your brows with the pencil (and it may take a few attempts and possibly looking like Bert before you get it right) brush them out with your brow brush and then hold in place with gel. All in all it takes about as much time total as it does to put on 4 coats of mascara and it honestly makes a world of a difference.

Now I'm going to do something which I will probably regret: 

BEFORE

 
AFTER
OK P.S. I did have my eyebrows lightened between the time these pictures were taken, but you get the idea.

Happy Penciling!

2 comments:

  1. What a transformation! Eyebrows are something I always skip when I'm rushed and its such a shame. Could you do a post on the best eyebrow shapes for your face? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For dark brows (think Asian or Fallon) I LOVE Laura Mercier brown pencil in Brunette.

    ReplyDelete